You won't have to do a lot of research on firewalls to discover that Zone Alarm, comes highly recommended by many techs in the industry. Unfortunately though, there simple are not a lot of computer tech tips on effective Zone Alarm configurations. This article is designed to provide you with step by step instructions on setting up basic Zone Alarm.
- To open the control center, right click on the ZA icon, down by the clock in the lower right corner of your screen. Select Restore Zone Alarm Control Center, click to open
- Click on Overview in the left hand column.
- Click on the Preferences tab, located below the help question mark.
- In the Check for Updates section, put a dot in the automatic circle. (Click on the center of the circle)
- In the General section, put a check in the box next to Protect Zone Alarm Client.
- In the Contact
With Zone Labs section, put a check in the box marked Hide the last octet of my IP address when applicable. This concludes the overview portion.
- Look back to the column on the left, under the word Overview click on Firewall.
- There are two tabs near the help icon. You should be on Main (If not, click on the Main tab.)
- In the section Internet Zone Security, (it should be the top section) click on the medium position, this should highlight Med. This will also change the text to the right of the setting box, to medium.
- Go to the Trusted Zone Security section and set it to medium also.
Company: Electro Computer Warehouse
Address: 1575 Sis met Rd, Unit # 1 2 Mississauga, ON - L4W 1P9
Zip code: L4W 1P9
Contact person: Marcus Wellington
More information can be found online at: http://www.electrocomputerwarehouse.com